Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Embarassment behind the innocuous blue cover

I was searching for a blank notebook in the bookcase today and out tumbled a tattered,blue composition book that contained a small journel I kept as a sophmore in HS. This particular phase of my lifecentered around a crush I had on a guy. It's filled with lots of melodramatic passages and agonizing "he loves me, he loves me not" and some really terrible poetry! It's awful! No, it's painful! No wonder I was so messed up in HS.  Why couldn't I've been some brilliant but misunderstoond deep thinker! No, I was a stupid, lovesick teen that actually RECORDED it!

So, do I really need to keep this? I mean it's bad!  I thought for a brief moment I could use it to show my kids some day that things sucked just as bad when i was in school.  But I don't think I could even subject them to this dismal piece of "history".

I'm really thinking about shredding and throwing away.  Can't think of any reason to keep it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we need to build a fire and have some smores with that piece of history!

    ReplyDelete